Paris cityscape from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris

27 April 2010

Day 1

Today in class, our buts (goals) were:
- To compare typical meals in France and the United States
- To identify foods and drinks commonly served in French cafés and restaurants

After talking about what makes up a typical American meal (courses, types of food, etc.), we watched a clip from a Rick Steves travel video called "Highlights of Paris: Lunching on the Seine". We identified the four courses of a typical French meal (l'entrée, le plat principal, le fromage, le dessert) and talked about what Rick Steves ate for each course.

The chapter vocabulary (see page 155 in your text) was introduced, using a PowerPoint presentation. We also learned how to say "I'm hungry" and "I'm thirsty."

J'ai faim. --> I'm hungry.
J'ai soif. --> I'm thirsty.

We then did a short written exercise to practice using some of the vocabulary and concluded with a circle activity (if you're in 4th or 7th period, we'll do this tomorrow).

Tonight's homework (due Wednesday): Homework 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.